Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Photo Study #5 - Rap Star

In my previous post, I had used a pair of theatrical contact lenses from 9mm - great stuff, but since they are considered "yearly" lenses, they are a little thicker.

I wanted to see if I could find bi-weekly or monthly lenses that would do the same thing and at a lower price point (At $150, the other lenses weren't exactly cheap ...)

American brands were disappointing overall - nothing really changed my eye color as dramatically as I wanted. The closest I came was a medium bronze color. I came across a very interesting site called Lens101 (www.lens101.com) and posted the question there - "Any disposable contacts that would turn light eyes dark?"

Surprisingly enough, I got an answer - A UK brand called "Images" makes a cosmetic contact lens in a monthly formulation. So I ordered a pair and gave them a try.

I'll let you decide how they look. I wore these with my other Player mask - this has more of a Latino coloring and a thin line of razor-cut stubble on the face. I'm planning on going out tonight like this...



No comments:

Post a Comment