Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2015

The Curse of Continuity (and Consistency)

There are times when writing my stories that something just bothers me. It's similar to those people who can walk into a room and know when something is out of place, or look at a picture on a wall and know it's just 0.00001 degrees off of horizontal.

The same thing happened with my recent Thug Tales: Making the Grade The premise of Benjie/Tony feeling guilty about assaulting an unwilling victim was good, but the more I thought about it, the more it didn't fit with the existing story line that was laid out in Thug Tales: Double Trouble.

There was a discontinuity of when he assaulted Reggie (with Ray) and when he violated Darren (by himself).

So I needed to knead that previous storyline.

Just a little. 

You'll see that the events of Thug Tales: Making the Grade occur after Reggie's assault in Thug Tales: Double Trouble, but before Benjie has the night terror that finally resets his moral compass.

Sorry about that. Please go back and read the two stories and tell me if what I did makes them better sequenced.

In addition, in all of the "Breeding" and "Thug Tales" stories, I've also slightly modified the dialogue for the men that have been converted. It was also bothering me that they - as thugs - were speaking proper English. I've taken into account the development of a drawl due to their thickened lips and the desire to sound more "ethnic".

No comments:

Post a Comment