Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Photo Study #23: Zod: The Kryptonian You Love to Hate - Part I

I had mentioned earlier that I was in the process of getting a full-bore costume of General Zod from Man of Steel. When I first got "The Brawler" from Bryan Silva of Studio 135, my first thought was that of Kal-El's nemesis.

I'm happy to report that  - after several fits and starts, delays and sojourns out of the country - I have it.

The outfit is composed of three layers - an undersuit, the armor itself (made of resin and EVA foam) and a cape.

The armor is a bit of a bear to put on, and you would have seen the full outfit had not some of the fastenings tore the first time I put it on. I will chalk that up to a combination of my unfamiliarity with the material and a bit less-than-optimal construction.

The undersuit is superb. Combined with mask, I really think I've nailed the character that Michael Shannon created:



I've added some additional structural enhancements to the foam armor, as well as reinforcing some of the connection points. It's been too hot for the past few weeks to put the whole outfit on again, but I plan on doing so very soon!

UPDATE:

I got screwed. The suit is just too damned big for me. Even though I had sent the costume guy a very detailed set of measurements, it is SWIMMING on me - nothing is staying in place. I'm looking to sell the armor and at least make some money back on the deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment