Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Alter Ego Break --The "Stud" from SPFX Masks - UPDATE

Rusty and I have been working on this for a while, and when he finally got the production kinks worked out, I got myself two versions of this mask. Rusty's website is located at www.spfxmasks.com

The first one, I was going for a Jason Statham-esque look, with some stubble on the face and head.



Here's some samples of the new mask:


After I had posted these, I was told that I look more like George St. Pierre, a UFC fighter ....


The other version, I refer to as the "Scarred Stud" - I had seen an illustration a while ago of a handsome man with some facial scarring and wanted Rusty to do something similar. Surprisingly enough, (or maybe not!) there is a body of psychological studies that indicate that non-disfiguring facial scarring in males is highly erotic.


This version of the mask is a bit darker complected and with the wig, I'm getting a definite Tommy Lee Jones vibe from this combination.

Of course, it's too early to know exactly who these AE's are yet, but I'm sure they will be quite formidable!

UPDATE:
Well, I decided on a couple of editions to the "Statham" mask - I added a handlebar moustache and a small scar to the cheekbone (what can I say? I like scars!)
I also wanted to see how Rusty's new fabrication technology compared to his "classic" masks, so I ordered another Handsome Guy. There are definite improvements in the adhesion to the face, eye placement and skin complexion.



AND ANOTHER UPDATE:
My buddies Oberon and MaskedFreak asked if one of my Handsome Guys could come down for a visit. Oberon did the posing, and MaskedFreak - the next Robert Mapplethorpe - took the pics. Here's some samples:






(Oberon certainly knows how to make love to the camera, doesn't he??)

3 comments:

  1. The Stud is my all time favorite. I
    hope you create another romance and I think the mask is fantastic and hot.
    The format and layout of your blog is really beautiful. Such a lot of work. I especially like the mix of masks with your other images. It seems to capture the excitement of the mask[s]ing.

    I could have guessed about the zentai, I have one of the silver
    and black. Loved 'Pepsi Man'.

    DO more with the 'Studs'.

    ryder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey-

    Does anybody know how to get in contact with this company spfx masks?

    We placed an order for old woman mask back in December and they still haven't sent it to us and we paid a lot of money!!

    Please help if you can!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would try giving them a call at 818-781-3622 or emailing at info@spfxmasks.com (new email). If you paid via paypal, make sure you have the transaction number handy.

    ReplyDelete