Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2020

Photo Study #41: "Man"ning Up

I've always had great service from Realflesh Masks.

There was a period of time when (allegedly) there were lapses in communications, slow delivery or no delivery, but in all my years of working with Ian Marier, I have never had a problem.

Over the years, Ian has constantly improved his cores and paint jobs - he's particularly adept at bald heads - perhaps because he has one himself. His stipple stubble paintjobs are beautiful, and even the non-stubbled paintjobs have a pigmentation and patterning that is 100-percent natural.

Realflesh Mask's earlier masks tended to be built on a larger core; smaller than SPFX and slightly larger than CFX. His later works have shrunk a bit in a good way and fit snugly without being tight.

I recently purchased "The Man" and I am extremely happy with this mask. "The Man" I believe is based on a slightly older (probably late 30s) character, with a strong brow, defined features and a well-muscled neck. The mask also has Realflesh's signature sculpted bib, which allows you to leave at least three buttons open on your shirt. The features are a tad bit softer than the "Hero".


I had seen some handsome latino pics that had the same facial structure and dimensions of the mask, so I decided to have the mask haired that way as well. 

I also did some searching to find a skintone which would look great. Ian did a blend of the pics I sent and did a spectacular job - I also checked and my "Latino" gloves I received from CFX will also be a great match!


Skintone reference pics for "The Man" mask

Ian promised me between 6-8 weeks for completion and he was good as his word; he also did an amazing job on the paintjob, particularly the shaved head. There is a dimensionality to the paintjob that is really unique.

Eye fitment is very good, but you do need a little bit of makeup around the eyes to achieve a seamless illusion. Lip fitment is a solid 9.25 on the Silva scale; the lips cup well, and there is no issues speaking or even smiling a bit.

My recommendation? "The Man" is a definite buy. Go for it!



And with a wig... I've been told that this does seem to give it an 80's George Michael vibe...


No comments:

Post a Comment