Pages

Friday, July 3, 2009

"Here Be Dragons ..."

I just received a rather nice comment on one of my stories - "Strike Force" - the commenter asked me to give a "map" of which stories to read first.

As long-time readers know, who am I to disappoint my fans?

The best answer I can give you is ... start at the bottom and work your way up.

When I started this blog, I was still a bit unsure of myself and of my writing abilities. The earliest entries read more like personal ads, or as some prose to solidify around the pictures I was taking. I also think I was a bit more "stiff" - photographically speaking - in those earlier entries.

Practice does make perfect (or much, much better!) and I think the turning point in my entries was "Shayn and the SEAL." In that particular post, the story became the focal point for the pictures, rather than the pictures taking the lead.

Another milestone was "Richard" - while the story was paramount, this was the first time I actually felt like the character I was creating, rather than simply donning a mask and outfit.

So dear readers (and to Dream Nephilim in particular) - start at the beginning and work your way forward. Enjoy the journey ... I certainly am!

Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment