Pages

Monday, November 5, 2007

Ryan Redux

Normally, Saturday mornings are my "AE Time", but I guess Halloween in the middle of the week wore me out more than I thought. Six parties over the course of six days was a bit of a stretch. I was all set to take shots of Lucio, the crime boss -- however, after setting up all the photo equipment, I just didn't feel like being him. I wasn't in the right frame of mind to handle a criminal mastermind.

I had purchased a dreadlock wig to use with the B.Will mask and possibly the Bororo and/or Jim masks. I wanted to experiment to see how well (or how badly) this would work out.

I had read an interesting story on the Haircut Stories Site called "Mount Baldy Baldies". There's always a lot of construction going on in my area, and you do tend to see a majority of the workers with either shaved heads or buzz cuts (as well as a lot of well-developed, sweaty muscles) - but I wanted to give Ryan a try with hair - possibly before succumbing to peer pressure and getting shaved.

I got the wig from International Wig - great place: fast service and faster shipping. I don't want to sound condescending, but you really can't go wrong with an inexpensive afro or dreadlock wig - the $40 one looks just as good as the $100 one. The photo shoot turned out extraordinarily well - I like Ryan just as well with hair as without and I can definitely use the wig with my other AE's on tap ... I have plans for an enforcer (Bororo) and a ruthless businessman (Jim).

4 comments:

  1. Are you wearing some kind of "muscle suit" in these?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adrian - guilty as charged! The suit was purchased from Action Actors (www.actionactors.com) - Corey Sosner specializes in urethane foam muscle suits, Batman muscle suits and Wolverine claws.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's awesome. i've considered buying one from him before. keep up the great work - love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the encouragement! I certainly will keep it up! I have several more AE's in the pipeline ...

    Also, I wouldn't hesitate to get a suit from Corey - best in the business! This suit feels *sooo* good and gives me enough bulk to look well pumped but not overbuilt.

    ReplyDelete