Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Alter Ego Break - The New Batch

Well, I ordered a new bunch of masks and they just got delivered yesterday. The ones I got were:

Filemon:


Brend:


Fandor:


VB:


Rudi Veber:



I bought the Filemon and the Clarke because I liked the molds and I figured with my successful eyeball surgery on the Felix mask, I wouldn't have any problem with these two. I had previously tried on an Ali (which is also based on the Filemon mold) but that mask was HUGE. I was planning on using the Filemon for layering masks.

The surgery was successful, but the two masks didn't quite meet my expectations for realistic eyes as my Felix did - I guess that mask is the exception to the rule. However, that's what sunglasses and graduated lenses are for! These two masks do indeed look superlative with my foam fillers and darkened glasses.

I also think that Greyland has changed the formulation on their foam latex - these new masks feel softer, smell different and cling to one's face much better.

The Filemon is perfect! Of course, I need some foam fillers in the back of the head, but the difference between the Ali and Filemon is night and day. My initial impression on the Filemon is an Arab "insurgent".

I already have a Clarke and a B.Will, which are based on the Brend mold, and this one is a great fit. Even better than the other two. With the eyes cut out, I can almost feel some type of partial Asian heritage in this alter ego. My initial plans are for a law enforcement officer, but this is dependent on getting a uniform - at least a shirt with patches.

The other three masks - the VB, the Fandor and the Rudi - are what I would term "older" faces and I don't know if I really like them. I have to see. I may resell them. The Fandor actually creeps me out a bit - which is something for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment